Rabbit Hutches and Cages
The best homemade rabbit cages are built of welded wire but wooden hutches offer more support and rigidity, weather protection, and a means to rise above predator access.
You will find free plans for rabbit hutches at:
- Mississippi State University
- Cross section, floor plan and detail drawings of a single-tier cage house for approximately 100 does and bucks. Capacity can be doubled or tripled by stacking cages.
6-Row Caged Rabbit House Plans
- Cross section, floor plan and detail drawings of a smaller version of the previous house. Approximately 60 does and bucks can be housed. Capacity can be doubled or tripled by stacking cages.
4-Row Caged Rabbit House Plans
- Home Made Rabbit Cages
- Our House.Nine MSN
- Learn how to make a rabbit hutch following guidelines from the RSPCA.
ourhouse.ninemsn.com.au/ Disabled link because the page has moved or no longer exists!
- Mother Earth News
- Pennsylvania State University
- This Idea Plan is intended to provide educational information and ideas concerning housing and
equipment for small numbers of rabbits. The following attached drawings are based on historical
plans and may not meet design and construction standards for your area:
Backyard Rabbit Hutches and House
- USDA Rabbit Housing (pdf)
Top of Page---> Free Plans for Rabbit Hutches and Cages
Return to Home Page---> Rabbit Cages and Hutches